For Children hurt by the Annulment Process
Six Questions for a daughter or son who has experienced annulment in the family
To Young Adults or children impacted by annulment: if your parents went through an annulment experience we would appreciate hearing from you. Too often the U.S. Roman Catholic tribunals dismiss the fact that children in annulment families are terribly impacted, even devastated by this cruel process.
As you may know, the daughter or son of an 'annulled marriage' is being told by the Catholic Church hierarchy that their parents' marriage was not what the children grew up to believe it was.
SOS: RoA&RS believes, and works from the belief, that while individuals in every marriage have made mistakes this does not mean that God's sacramental grace was not present in the marriage that gave life to them.
In the service of reaching out to other children and young adults who are experiencing the emotionally devastating effects of annulment, SOS: RoA&RS asks you, as a daughter or son who has experienced annulment in your family, to tell us about your insights and experiences regarding the impact and the consequences in your life both emotionally and religiously.
Choose Any or All of the following Questions
Please tell us about
2) The impact you observed on your Respondent-parent after the annulment was mandated by the Catholic
3) What you observed in the Petitioner-parent prior to and after the annulment
4) Have your thoughts / feelings about marriage, now and in the future, changed from what they were before
5) Have your feelings about the Catholic Church changed in any way from what they were before the annulment?
6) Anything else you would like to share:
Please send your response to us via the "Contact Us" page on this site.
We look forward to receiving your response, and deeply appreciate your help with these questions. Contact Us